Lemon, Lime, and Cucumber Detox Water

800 ml of purity.
The lifestyle we live in exposes us to an array of toxins and bacteria. With the health benefits of citrus fruits and cucumbers, we can help our bodies dispose of these vile chemicals. 
Lemon and lime juices can help kill cholera bacilli and help fight infections (organicfacts.net) as well as cleansing the kidney. All while reducing bloating, inflammation, and giving your skin a healthy dose of vitamins. 
With cucumbers, it also cleanses the kidneys, improve the skin, and lower blood pressure. 
And water is beneficial in maintaining the balance of body fluids - from digestion to body temperature!

Even if you did not care about any of these, this can contribute to weight loss. Instead of drinking sugar filled high calorie drinks, the refreshing taste from this will make you easily finish your recommended 8 glasses of water a day!

This is an extremely easy way to transition into a healthier lifestyle.
Cut 4 slices of limes, 
4 slices of lemons
8 slices of cucumbers
(You can adjust according to your preference)
Put them all in a giant bottle like a VOSS bottle or a pitcher will do.
Let them soak overnight or even a couple hours and you are ready to drink it all up!

Hope you enjoy!


23 comments :

  1. I can't get enough of this water! I used to put just lemons in my water. But this is so much better. Thanks for all the facts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed my post, stay tuned for more recipes!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sad I screwed up my water. Another recipe said to cut up 1 lemon, 1 cuc, and 2 limes and to evenly drop into 4 20oz bottles. It just tastes like I'm eating a lime. I guess I can dump half out and fill with more water. Yours looks so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just remember that the ingredients can only stay in the water for a day when its out of the fridge because it starts to lose its colour and you'll end up having a bottle of stuff that look like pickles!

      Delete
  3. How long will this last in a pitcher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its best to drink it after it's been soaked for an hour but it can stay in the fridge for 2-3 days.

      Delete
  4. What size pitcher, or how much water exactly? And I assume it should be stored in the refridgrator?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes stored in the fridge, in my case I used a 800ml bottle with 8 slices of cucumbers and 8 lemon/lime slices. The ratio would be a slice each per 100ml.

      Delete
  5. how long can i let the ingredients stay in the refrigerator? And is it okay to squeeze the lemon of the previous day to add its juices to the new refill? thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ingredients can be in the water and in the fridge for 2-3 days and yes you can squeeze the lemon and add the juices.

      Delete
  6. Does this make you go poop a lot. Drank this today and I've pooped like 10 times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10xs?!!
      If trying to lose weight I guess that's awesome. it IS a detox

      Delete
  7. What type of lime should I use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can the cucumbers be eaten? Is it safe for an 11 yr old?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they can be eaten, and yes it's safe for a kid. All it is is a fruit :P

      Delete
  9. Is it OK just to use lemon and cucumber? I didn't have limes

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is interesting! I know drinking water often will help cleanse our body, but I wasn’t sure about adding detoxifiers such as lime and cucumbers could intensify the cleansing process; that would be a great way to speed up the process. Thanks for sharing!

    Paul Franken @ American Pure Spring Water

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I use the same fruit when I refill the pitcher?

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2013 Benton the Incr.Edible and Blogger Templates - Anime OST .